Our programming involves U.S. and Australian officials on both sides of the political aisle including regular discussions with ministers and shadow ministers.
The primary activities of the AAC are hosting substantive discussions with U.S. and Australian officials on topics of critical importance to our two countries. This approach allows our members to have an active role in program participation.
• Breakfast with Ambassador Sinodinos and Senator Blunt and Senator Durbin, Friends of Australia Caucus.
• Indo-Pacific Strategy session with Edgard Kagan, Sr. Director for the East Asia and Oceania, NSC and Ambassador Paul Myler, Deputy Head of Mission, Australian Embassy.
• Luncheon with Ambassador Katrina Cooper, Deputy Secretary Southeast Asia and Global Partners Group in the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade.
• Discussion with Tony Abbott, 28th Prime Minister of Australia.
• Virtual Roundtable with The Honorable Arthur Sinodinos, Australian Ambassador to the United States & American Australian Council Board Members.
• Virtual Partnership event with the Embassy of Australia: A political update ahead of the 2020 US Presidential Election.
• Virtual Discussion about the US-Australian Alliance with Ambassador Arthur Sinodinos and Senator Roy Blunt.
• Partnership event with the Embassy of Australia: Panel Discussion on the Mid-term Election Wrap Up with Tony Podesta and Barry Jackson, moderated by Charlie Cook.
• Partnership event with the Embassy of Australian: Breakfast with Frances Adamson, Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australian Government.
• Breakfast event and discussion with The Hon Steven Marshall MP, Premier of South Australia.
• Partnership event with the Embassy of Australia: Australian Federal Election Read Out with Ambassador Joe Hockey. AAC Programs continued…
• Partnership event with the Embassy of Australia: Ambassador Katrina Cooper, Deputy Chief of Mission – breakfast discussion on the Indo-Pacific.
• Partnership luncheon with USSC: Program with The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian, MP, Premier of New South Wales and Lucy Turnbull, AO, Chief Commissioner, Greater Sydney Commission.
• Dinner briefing with Richard Marles, Australian Member of Parliament and Shadow Defence Minister; and Julian Hill, Australian Member of Parliament.
• Private reception hosted by Ambassador Hockey at the private residence for AAC Board of Directors and AAC members.
• Breakfast meeting with The Hon Michael Keenan MP, Minister for Human Services and Digital Transformation.
• Welcome Dinner for Katrina Cooper, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Australia.
• Embassy of Australia hosted ANZAC Caucus Event.